Everyone on this weight loss journey knows just how important nutrition is. For my lifestyle, meal prep is key. It’s not that I’m so busy I don’t have time to cook every day, it just takes all of the thought out of what I’m going to be eating that week. I don’t have to think about how it would be easier to grab fast food or pizza for dinner because all of my meals are already prepared. I usually set aside about 2 hours on Sunday or Monday to cook all of my meals. Here’s what’s on the menu for this week!
Skinny Lasagna Rolls
- Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles (10)
- Small Package Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Bag of Spinach
- Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper (Optional)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)
- Ground Turkey (Optional)
- Cook Lasagna Noodles
- Chop and sauté spinach
- Mix ricotta, spinach, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Dry noodles and spread layer of ricotta mixture
- Add Ground Turkey
- Roll noodles and place in pan coated with spaghetti sauce
- Layer more sauce and add mozzarella
- Bake at 350° for 40 minute
I packaged one roll per container and have been eating it with a salad.
Mexican Dirty Rice
My own take on dirty rice, Mexican style!
- Brown rice
- Bell peppers
- Ground Turkey
- Seasoning (I used a pre packaged spicy taco seasoning)
- Cook brown rice
- Sauté garlic, peppers, and onion
- Add Ground turkey and seasoning
- When rice is cooked, add to vegetable mix
- Add chopped cilantro
And last but not least…
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium Onion
- Seasoning (I used pre packaged Fajita mix)
- Slice Peppers and lay at bottom of Crock Pot.
- Place chicken, drained beans, undrained corn, and onion on top of the peppers.
- Season to taste. I used a whole package of Fajita seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
(Tomatoes would be great in this, however my husband HATES them so I left them out)